Lamb shank Potjie Recipe11/07/2017
[NEWS] – Tour De Tuli, PotjieKing & Land Rover26/07/2017
Fancy a tantalizing Tipsy Pork Potjie with Red Wine Recipe? Fire up your PotjieKing™ and get cooking.
Tipsy Pork Potjie with Red Wine Recipe
Treat your tastebuds PotjieKing™ fans!
1 glass for the potjie and 2 for you… Enjoy this Tipsy Pork Potjie with Red Wine Recipe.
Tipsy Pork Potjie with Red Wine Recipe.
Ingredients for your Tipsy Pork with red wine Potjie Recipe:
800g boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red wine
1 cup tomato juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 bay leaves
2 cups cooked rice
Tipsy Pork Potjie Recipe – Method
Pack one layer of briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing™ and place a couple fire lighters in the bottom section and get that going. Once the briquettes have stopped smoking, place your Potjie pot onto the PotjieKing™ to heat up.
- Season meat generously with salt and pepper and toss with mustard to coat. Heat oil in potjie pot until simmering, add the meat and sear it on all sides until well browned, about 8 minutes in total.
- When meat is nearly finished browning, push meat off to the sides of the pot. Add onion and garlic to the center of the pan. Sauté until onions and garlic start soften and become translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add red wine and scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pot using a wooden spoon. This is the real tasty stuff! Bring the pot up to a boil and simmer for 1 minute before adding tomato juice, cayenne, oregano, nutmeg and bay leaves. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Return to the boil. Then cover and cook until fork-tender, about 4 hours. Keep an eye on your coals through the top door and add one or two if necessary.
- When meat is tender, remove the potjie pot from the PotjieKing, discard bay leaves and serve immediately with rice.
Enjoy your Potjiekos.