Cheese and Spring Onion Flat Bread15 December 2017
Sloppy Joes – PotjieKing Style29 June 2018
Roast Lamb Shanks with Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary Recipe
Roast Lamb Shanks that are so soft and succulent the meat falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.
2 -3 lamb shanks
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil / neutralised coconut oil
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
Roast Lamb Shanks with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary – Method
Pack about 10 – 12 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing . Place a couple of fire lighters in the bottom section and get that going. Once the briquettes have stopped smoking, place your potjie pot on the PotjieKing to heat up. We used a size 3 potjie pot for this recipe.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, oil, crushed garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper into a mixing jug. If using the de-flavoured coconut oil you’ll have to melt this first.
- Place the lamb shanks into the potjie pot and pour the vinegar mix in. Turn the lamb shanks to ensure they are covered in the mixture.
- Depending on the size of your shanks you may have to cut a bit of bone off to fit into your potjie pot.
- Allow it to cook for around 2 hours (turning the leg once halfway through). No lamb shank is the same so allow approximately 40 min cooking time per kilogram.
- The lamb will take on the colour of the vinegar and look very dark.
- Once you have cooked it to your desired ‘done-ness’ remove from the potjie pot and allow the meat to rest for 15 – 20 minutes before serving.