Sweetcorn Fritters8 December 2017
Roast Lamb Shanks with Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary2 June 2018
Cheese & Spring Onion Flat Bread Recipe
Simple and versatile. Fill your flat bread with anything you fancy.
Cheese & Spring Onion Flat Bread Recipe.
2 c. flour
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. salt
200g grated cheese
6 chopped spring onions
Cheese & Spring Onion Flat Bread Recipe – Method
- Combine the flour, salt, and oil.
- Pour the water in a little at a time until you get a moist (but not sticky) dough. You may need a little more or a little less water.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until soft and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rest for an hour in a lightly oiled bowl covered with a tea towel.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
- Roll out the ball (as round as you can get it but don’t worry too much about it)
- Fill half of the circle with some spring onion & cheese (or whatever filling you have chosen) leaving a bit at the edge clean so that you can seal it in.
- Fold the dough over and press out as much air as you can before sealing the edges. Using a fork to seal the edges works quite well. Just press it into the edges. You can turn it over and do that to the other side to ensure it is well sealed.
- Roll and fill the remaining dough.
- Coat the skottel with a little oil & butter.
- You can place 2 flat breads on the griddle at the same time.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Delicious!
Pack about 12 – 14 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing . Place a couple of fire lighters in the bottom section and get that going. Once the briquettes have stopped smoking, place your double sided cast iron griddle onto the PotjieKing (skottel side up) to heat up. To test if the skottel is hot enough drop a drop of water onto it. If it ‘dances’ across the surface it is hot enough.
We wish you a fantastic festive season. Filled to the brim with love, laughter and joy. May your adventures never end!