Potjie Pot Lasagne15 November 2018
Quesadillas29 November 2018
Egg, Cheese and Bacon Breakfast Potato Hash
Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning.
Warning – may cause arguments over who gets the biggest crunchy bits off the bottom of the pot.
8 medium potatoes (cubed – 3/4 cm)
250g bacon (diced)
6 – 8 spring onions (sliced)
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
60ml oil for frying
salt & pepper to taste
Egg, Cheese and Bacon Breakfast Potato Hash – Method
Pack 14 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. Use a no 12 flat bottomed potjie pot.
- Cube, slice, grate and dice your ingredients.
- Place the potjie pot on to the PotjieKing to heat up.
- Pour in the oil and fry your potato and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave the lid on to help the potato cook quicker. Give the potato a stir every 4 minutes or so. Be gentle to avoid bashing the potato into mash… although it’ll still taste just as good. A little ‘mashing’ is unavoidable unless you have a non-stick or enamelled potjie pot.
- After about 15 or so minutes, when the potato is pretty much cooked, add in the bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked add in your spring onion and let that cook for a few minutes.
- Make 6 holes in the potato mix for the eggs. Break them gently and pour them into the holes.
- Arrange the cheese around the eggs.
- Close the lid and let your eggs cook to how you like them.
- Serve immediately as the eggs will keep cooking in the pot.
If you’ve got a non-stick or enamelled potjie pot you’ll end up having your crunchy bits on your potato which is technically where its meant to be.