Courgette, Mushroom, Beef & Basil Potjie27 June 2019
Irish Soda Bread11 July 2019
Prep these before your adventure or make them on site. This tasty and filling ‘grab and go’ meal is perfect for everyone to snack on while you’re setting up camp.
200g bacon – diced
2 medium onions – chopped
250g plum tomatoes – sliced
60ml white wine vinegar
2 tsp white sugar
salt & pepper
cheddar cheese – grated
pack of 8 tortilla wraps
Pack 14 – 16 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters into the bottom section and get that going. Once the coals are ready place your braai grid onto your PotjieKing.
- Heat your pan and fry the diced bacon with some butter, remove from the pan and set aside
- In the same pan add a little more butter and fry the onions for a couple of minutes, being sure to scrape the pan for the flavour.
- Add in the sliced tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and a sprinkle of salt. Fry for another 5 minutes or so. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in the pan with some salt and pepper. You can add extras like spring onions, chives, chilli or whatever works for you for an extra kick.
- Combine the bacon, onion and tomato mix and scrambled eggs together.
- Spoon some of the mixture onto a wrap, sprinkle with grated cheese and fold the tortilla – Click on this link for tips on how to fold a wrap
- Wrap the wrap in tin foil.
- Repeat with the remaining wraps.
- Cook the wraps over the braai until they have started to brown a bit. You can check them by unfolding the tin foil and having a look. If the wraps were pre-made you can braai them on 8 briquettes
Delicious on their own or you can serve these with tomato sauce, sweet chilli or sour cream depending on your taste.
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008