Chickpea and Bean Veggie Burgers25 October 2018
Hunger Buster Braai Buns8 November 2018
Bacon and Corn Fritters
A great snack or side dish. These Bacon and Corn fritters will be welcome at any braai.
1 tin of whole kernel corn (drained)
200g diced bacon
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
oil for frying
Bacon and Corn Fritters – Method
- Mix the dry ingredients together and add in the drained corn.
- Stir in the milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix in well.
Pack 13 – 14 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Place a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. Place your double-sided cast iron griddle/skottle plate on to the PotjieKing, skottle side up, to heat up. Pour a little bit of oil onto the skottel.
- Fry the diced bacon.
- Once cooked mix the bacon into the corn batter.
- Add a bit more oil to the skottle and using a tablespoon, spoon batter onto the skottle.
- Turn after a couple of minutes, once browned, and cook the other side.