Biltong, Beer & Cheese Pot Bread7 November 2019
Turkish Flatbread16 April 2021
Sumac, Sesame Seed & Lemon Lamb Chops
Resting on a bed of creamed feta and served with Turkish flatbread. These lamb chops are simply delicious and deliciously simple to make!
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Sumac
2 tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried herbs mix
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp honey
500g lamb chops
1 sliced lemon
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 cup plain feta
½ cup cream
- Mix the marinade ingredients together well.
- Place the lamb chops and marinade in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Leave overnight. Give it a good shake every now and again.
Pack 15 or so briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters into the bottom section and get that going. Once the coals are ready place, your double-sided griddle plate, griddle plate side up, onto the PotjieKing to heat up.
- Coat the griddle in some oil and then cook your chops to your liking on the griddle. Keep the marinade for later.
- After cooking, while the meat is resting, turn the griddle over and fry the lemon slices until they have a lovely colour and flavour happening, then add in the leftover marinade to make a delicious sauce. Let it simmer for a while.
- Blend the feta and cream using a hand blender (or a fork will do, if that’s all you have on hand, it will just take some elbow grease!!)
- Using a spoon, put a dollop of the creamed feta on to a plate – use the back of the spoon to spread it out in preparation for the chops.
- Place a chop on top of the creamed feta, drizzle with the sauce and decorate with a slice of lemon and chopped parsley.
I served this with a delicious soft Turkish flatbread – tune in next week for the super-soft Turkish Flatbread recipe! or subscribe to our newsletter by CLICKING HERE and your PotjieKing recipes will be delivered right to your inbox 🙂
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008