Split Pea & Smoked Eisbein Soup31/10/2019
Sumac, Sesame Seed & Lemon Lamb Chops08/04/2021
Biltong, Beer & Cheese Pot Bread
It was the morning of THE FINAL and I had to get something together quick!
The only thing better than winning the RWC is winning the RWC with a warm slab of Biltong Bread in one hand and a beer in the other!
500g self-raising flour
1 can of beer
1 onion (chopped and fried)
100g biltong (superfine/dust)
300g cheddar cheese (grated)
Biltong, Beer & Cheese Pot Bread – Method
Pack 16 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. We used the no 10 Best Duty flat bottom pot which nestles nicely into the PotjieKing.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and beer together.
- Add in the biltong, onion and half the cheese.
- Oil the potjie pot well (including the lid) and place the dough inside.
- Cover with the lid and place the potjie pot somewhere warm.
- Allow to rise for an hour or two.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the bread. Place the lid back onto the potjie pot.
- Space 10 briquettes on top of the potjie pot lid and spread the remaining 6 evenly around the coal grid inside of the PotjieKing.
- Do not place the braai grid on the PotjieKing but rather let the potjie pot nestle inside the PotjieKing.
- Close both doors on your PotjieKing.
- Bake for 45 – 50 min.
- Use a metal skewer to poke through the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean then it’s ready.
- Take the loaf out of the potjie pot and allow to cool for a bit before serving.
Serve warm with butter!
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008