Ham & Cheesy Corn Chowder16 May 2019
Moroccan Lamb Potjie6 June 2019
Strawberry & Banana Pancakes
Who doesn’t like pancakes?! These Strawberry & Banana Pancakes will satisfy any sweet tooth.
1 tbsp butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 banana – sliced
150g strawberries – sliced
Pack 8 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters into the bottom section and get that going. Once the coals are ready place your double sided cast iron griddle plate, skottle side up, onto the PotjieKing to heat up.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate jug, beat the egg and then add the milk
- Make a well in the flour, pour in the milk and egg and mix until smooth
- Drop a small bit of butter into the griddle plate
- Place a few pieces of banana and strawberry onto the griddle
- Pour 1/6 of the batter over the fruit
- Turn once the bottom is cooked
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side
Serve with syrup, cream or ice cream.
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008