Beef Stroganoff28 September 2018
Chickpea and Bean Veggie Burgers25 October 2018
Potjie Pot Nachos
Limited only by your imagination! Stack and layer your favourite toppings to create your own Potjie Pot Nachos masterpiece.
Snack for a group or dinner for 4
2 bags Mexicorn Nachos (whichever flavour you prefer)
1 jar Miami sweet tomato salsa
1 tin tomato and onion mix
3 cups grated cheddar
1 tin whole kernel corn
250ml sour cream
Note: Use whatever toppings sound good to you!
Potjie Pot Nachos – Method
Pack 16 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Place a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. We used a no 10 flat-bottomed potjie pot.
- Put a little bit of tomato and onion mix on the bottom of the pot to stop the nachos from burning.
- Layer the Nachos, toppings and cheese. Add dollops of sour cream to each layer too! Save some for a good dollop on the top.
- More layers means more awesome deliciousness!
- Once you’ve finished your layers close the potjie pot lid.
- Place 8 briquettes on the lid.
- Place the potjie pot on the PotjieKing.
- Allow to cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- The steam will melt the cheese and soften the nachos a bit.
- Serve immediately.