Silverside & Topside Beef Pot Roast Potjie7 February 2019
Mango Orange Smoked Kassler Steaks with Seared Pineapple.20 February 2019
Maple and Bacon Sweet Potatoes
4 fantastic flavours combined to make the perfect side dish to any braai.
4 sweet potatoes
250ml sour cream
Maple and Bacon Sweet Potatoes – Method
Pack 9 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. When the briquettes are ready, place the braai grid on.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in tin foil.
- Place on the braai grid and cover with the KingDome.
- Turn every 20 min.
- Cook until soft then remove from the PotjieKing. The cooking time will be dependant on the size of your potatoes.
- Braai the bacon, or fry it on the skottle side of your griddle plate.
- Cut bacon into bits.
- Cut an ‘X’ into the sweet potato and open it up a bit.
- Sprinkle in some bacon, add a dollop of sour cream and a spoon (or two…) of maple syrup.
After cooking the potatoes, I braaied the chicken pieces with a good shake of braai sout, under the KingDome. All with 9 briquettes. Not too shabby hey?! Loving the PotjieKing with all this load shedding!