Bacon, Camembert & Onion Marmalade Braai Pie17 August 2018
Beer, Bacon & Cheese Potjie Bread31 August 2018
Honey & Soy Sticky Pineapple Chicken Sosaties
The softest, most succulent sosaties you’ll ever have the pleasure of tasting!
(makes 12 sosaties)
4 large boneless & skinless chicken breasts (cut into 2cm chunks)
1 large queen pineapple (cut into 2cm chunks)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger (finely grated)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp soy sauce
Honey & Soy Sticky Pineapple Chicken Sosaties – Method
- Make up the marinade the night before and place the chicken and marinade in a sealable container.
- Through the evening give the container a good shake to make sure all the chicken gets a good soaking.
Pack 15 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Place a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. Put the braai grid back on to heat up.
- If you are using wooden sosatie/kebab sticks make sure to soak them for half an hour before you use them. This will stop the ends from burning before the chicken is cooked.
- Skewer the chicken and pineapple on to the sosatie sticks. Alternating between chicken and pineapple.
- Melt the butter, honey and soy sauce together in a small pot to make your basting sauce.
- Fill up the braai grid with sosaties. You will need to do 2 rounds so don’t worry about trying to cook them all at once. Rather leave a little bit of space between them to allow for even cooking.
- Turn and baste with the sauce regularly.
- Remove when the chicken is cooked through.