PotjieKing’s Flat Pot Pizza20/07/2018
Lamb & Guinness Potjie05/08/2018
Chicken Alfredo Potjie
Quick, simple and tasty! The perfect winter indulgence.
30 ml olive oil
4 chicken breasts (cubed)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 1/2 lt chicken stock
500g penne pasta
1 cup shredded parmesan (or any pasta friendly cheese)
salt & pepper to taste
flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp cornflour – if needed
Chicken Alfredo Potjie – Method
Pack 8 – 10 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Place a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. Once the briquettes are lit, place your potjie pot onto the PotjieKing to heat up. We used a no 3 potjie pot for this recipe.
- Pour the oil into the potjie pot then add the chicken. Fry until it is mostly cooked. It will continue cooking with the sauce so it doesn’t need to be completely cooked at this stage.
- Add the minced garlic and fry for another minute or two.
- Pour the chicken stock and cream into the potjie pot.
- Drop in your knob of butter and add the pasta.
- Stir a few times during cooking to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to each other.
- Cook until the pasta is cooked to your liking. 25 – 30 min or so.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese (saving a little bit for serving).
- If you would like your sauce to be a little bit thicker then mix 1 tablespoon of cornflour with a bit of cold water and stir that into the potjie pot.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Dish up and serve with a sprinkle of flat leaf parsley and parmesan.