Chicken Fajita Wraps30/04/2021
PotjieKing’s Pizza Stone Pizza13/05/2021
Potato Pull-Apart Bread Rolls
There is nothing better than fresh-baked bread rolls with lashings of butter! These rolls were surprisingly easy and came out great.
4 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
15g instant yeast
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1 & 1/4 cups hot water
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup mashed potato (no additional milk or salt added)
- Add half of the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the hot water. When the buttery water is warm (and not hot or it’ll hurt the yeast), pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the mashed potatoes in and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour, half a cup at a time, until the dough is firm enough to knead and isn’t sticky anymore.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it until it is a good consistency (about 5 minutes).
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 min.
- Cut the dough into 16 pieces and roll it into balls.
- Grease the potjie pot well and arrange the balls evenly in the bottom. Sprinkle some flour over the top.
- Cover with the lid and let rise in a warm spot for 30 min or so.
Pack 20 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. We used a no 12 Best Duty flat bottom pot. Once the briquettes are ready pack 12 of them onto the lid of the Potjie Pot and space the remaining 8 evenly inside your PotjieKing. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes.
Serve warm with butter!
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008