Potato Pull-Apart Bread Rolls10 May 2021
Apple & Caramelized Red Onion Pork Rissoles21 May 2021
PotjieKing’s Pizza Stone Pizza
It really is ALL about Pizza this week! This 2 ingredient Pizza dough recipe will have you ROCKING your PIZZA world in no time.
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup Greek yogurt
little extra flour for kneading
Now, this is way too personal…
I wouldn’t dream of starting the pineapple debate!
Get creative and have fun.
- Combine the flour and yogurt in a bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until it is mixed enough to get your hands involved.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until it is a smooth consistency.
- If it is a bit sticky, just keep sprinkling more flour on as you knead, until it is easy to work with and not sticking to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll these out to be a little bigger than the pizza stone, as they will shrink. Use plenty of flour on the surface and rolling pin.
- I prefer to blind bake the bases to make it easier to load up on toppings and slide onto the PotjieKing.
- To blind bake them just pop them onto the heated pizza stone and give them 30 seconds, or so, on each side just to firm up a touch. Don’t overdo this bit unless you want a SUPER crunchy base.Pizza tip:
There is one fatal pizza mistake… Layering the cheese ON TOP of the toppings. This is a no-no here at PK HQ. I always suggest layering the cheese and then the toppings. If you put the cheese on top of the toppings then the moisture can’t escape as it cooks and you may end up with a soggy pizza.
Pack 14 – 15 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going. Let the pizza stone heat up properly before cooking your pizza. Slide your pizza onto the stone and cover with the PotjieKing Dome Lid
Get your PotjieKing Pizza Stone here:
PotjieKing – Feeding Adventure Since 2008