KingDome Chicken – It doesn’t get easier or tastier than this!6 December 2018
Silverside & Topside Beef Pot Roast Potjie7 February 2019
Apple Marinated Pork Belly
Pork and apple is always a fantastic combo. The apple juice and apple cider vinegar
combination softens and flavours the meat.
The end result? Slightly sweet and perfectly tender pork belly every time.
1 pork belly
2 cups apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1tsp fine sea salt
250ml braai sauce of your choice
heavy duty tin foil
Apple Marinated Pork Belly – Method
- Mix the apple juice, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt in a sealable container. Stir until everything is dissolved. Place the pork belly in and let it marinade overnight. Turning the belly, or just giving the tub a shake, every now and again.
Pack 9 briquettes onto the coal grid inside your PotjieKing. Put a couple of firelighters in the bottom section and get that going.
- While the fire is getting ready, grab the heavy duty tin foil and tear off a piece of foil large enough to enclose the pork belly one and a half times
- Pull up the ends a bit to make a ‘dish’. Place the pork belly inside the tin foil and slowly pour half of the apple marinade in as well.
- Seal the pork in by folding the ends over a few times and scrunching them closed tightly.
- Place the foil wrap onto your PotjieKing and cover with the KingDome.
- Make sure both doors on your PotjieKing are closed.
- Cook for an hour and a half, turning once halfway through.
- Remove the foil wrap from the pork belly.
- Return the pork belly to the fire and brush with your choice of marinade.
- Cook each side for 10 minutes.
Click HERE now to order your KingDome.
Or order the PotjieKing & KingDome combo HERE.
For the serious Braai Master order your Full Monty combo (PotjieKing, KingDome and double-sided enamelled Cast Iron Griddle/Skottle plate) by clicking HERE